Application Deadline Spring Semester 2022

Freshmen (1st semester applicants) can only apply in the fall semester

If you plan to apply for a higher semester than the 1st, you have to prove prior study achievements.
Please consider the following application period: 22.12. - 15.03.2022

Please find further information regarding the application for the upcoming spring semester on our German webpage


Bachelor for Candidates with a foreign High School Degree, for Freshmen and Shifting students

Bachelor Study Programmes

Our study programme flyers provide an overview of the Bachelor programmes offered at our three campuses Gelsenkirchen, Bocholt and Recklinghausen.

An overview of our license-free and restricted Bachelor Programmes can be found here

Additional information is illustrated on the individual websites of the respective departments.

Please note that Freshmen (1st semester applicants) can only apply in the fall semester. If you plan to apply for a higher semester than the 1st, you have to prove prior study achievements. 


Admission Requirements 

The admission requirements for a Bachelor's degree at Westfälische Hochschule are as follows:

  1. University entrance qualification (called "HZB") 
  2. Advanced German language proficiency 
  3. Completed internship (for some study programmes)

1. University Entrance Qualification (HZB)

The HZB (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung) is a high school diploma which is officially recognized in Germany. It enables you start your studies in Germany.

  • Check your HZB
    Please check via whether your high school diploma will be accepted in Germany.  At anabin the requirements for a HZB in Germany are listed individually for each country.
  • Obtain your HZB by taking the TestAS
    If you do not have a HZB yet, you can apply for a study programme with your current high school diploma of your home country and the matching TestAS exam in a special application procedure.
    Prerequisite: you have at least 95 points in the core test and the subject module test. 

    In this case, please contact us before July 15th 2021, even if you have lost your high school graduation documents.

2. Advanced German Language Proficiency 

You have to prove your advanced German language proficiency in order to start your studies at Westfälische Hochschule.
Please submit an official certificatean official confirmation of registration of one of the following language examinations:

  • DSH-2
  • TestDaF with at least 16 points
  • Telc German C1 Hochschule
  • Feststellungsprüfung eines Studienkollegs
  • Goethe-Certificate C1
  • HAVO-diploma or VWO-diploma with at least 6 points in German

Upon enrollment, the certificate of the passed language examination must be handed in. For special cases, please contact us. 

3. Completed Internship 

A practical training/internship within the respected field of study is required for many study programmes prior to your enrollment. 
Please pay attention to the required duration and fields of activity. You can find more information here.

Application Procedure

Applicants with a foreign high school diploma/ an equivalent diploma from abroad (including preparatory course) have to apply via Uni-Assist e.V., the online application portal of Westfälische Hochschule.

Your documents will be verified by Uni-Assist eV. for the first and also for the higher semester. You will find the corresponding link here during the application period.

Please proceed as follows: 
1. Register yourself @ uni-assist
2. Upload your original certificates + translations by a sworn translator (in German/English) via uni-assist
3. Submit your online application via uni-assist

The costs for your application will be carried by Westfälische Hochschule.  

In the download section you will find further information about the required documents as well as the application procedure via uni-assist.



Redaktionell verantwortliche Person nach § 55, Abs. 2 RStV:
Regina Klauke