Health Insurance

Students from countries within the European Union only need their EU health insurance card. If you come from a country outside the European Union, you need a travel insurance for the first 4 to 6 weeks of your travel to Germany. This travel insurance must have a cover amount of 30.000,00 €.

After your arrival in Germany you have to take out a German student’s health insurance. The insurance fee is approx. 90,00 € per month. You will obtain addresses of health insurance companies upon your enrolment.

Please don’t take out private health insurance in your home country for the whole period of your stay in Germany. This kind of insurance cannot be accepted and you would have to pay cash for medicine, medical treatment and a stay in hospital!




Redaktionell verantwortliche Person nach § 55, Abs. 2 RStV:
Regina Klauke